In the spring of 1913, a small group of Greek immigrants decided to organize the first Greek Orthodox Community in Brooklyn. On April 16, 1916, the cornerstone of the Saint Constantine Church on Schermerhorn Street in Brooklyn Heights was laid.

In 1922, the growing Saint Constantine community purchased a building on State Street. This building was used to provide an afternoon school for its youth and a Community Center for its many functions.

The parishioners had a goal to provide the best possible education for their children. A new campaign to collect funds for a day school started and, with generous donations, the doors of the brand new school opened in the fall of 1963.

Named after its primary benefactor, Argyrios Fantis, for 40 years A. Fantis Parochial School of Sts. Constantine and Helen Cathedral educated children exclusively from an Orthodox Christian background. Since 2005, however, the school now warmly welcomes children baptized in all Christian traditions into its school community.